This guide has been produced by Beef + Lamb New Zealand to provide wholesale buyers with internationally recognised carcass and cut specifications for beef and veal, lamb and mutton, as well as goat. Specifications for co-products (offal) are also included.
Given the complexity and seasonality of our industry, together with supply and demand offshore, it is acknowledged that not all cuts listed in this schedule will necessarily be available at all times to New Zealand buyers.
Beef + Lamb Reference Guide
The Beef + Lamb New Zealand Reference Guide has been produced to give butchers, chefs, apprentices and cookery students a better understanding of New Zealand beef and lamb quality, the range of processing cuts available and their attributes, plus handling and cooking methods. It also includes a broad background on meat structure and the nutritive value of beef and lamb.
Butchers' Quarterly: Summer 18/19
· Butcher’s Checklist
· Is your food control plan current?
· Low & Slow is the fast-growing trend
· 2020 Sharp Blacks team announced
· The future of independent butchery
Butchers' Quarterly: Winter 18
· International Beer Day and why you should care
· Ready-meals: what we learned from the UK
· Pure South Sharp Blacks bring home silver!
Butchers' Quarterly: Winter 17
· Alto Butcher of the Year
· Competenz Butcher Apprentice
· A Rising Trend - Charcuterie In NZ
· ‘Meat’ Documentary Review
Butchers' Quarterly: Summer 17/ 1 8
· NZ’s Top Sausage: Devro Great NZ Sausage Competition
· Impossible Burger: Results from our own quality control tests