Abattoirs Association of NZ
The Abattoirs Association of New Zealand (AANZ) was formed in 1981 to represent the views of its members. The membership is comprised of licensed, New Zealand abattoirs, all of which process the ovine, porcine and bovine species, with levels dependent on supply and season.
The current membership stands at 12 members scattered throughout the country employing 1,000 staff nationally with an export industry worth $6.4 billion, contributing to 4% of GDP.
The following members of the AANZ can process your animal(s) for your own use:
- AgResearch Ruakura, Hamilton – contact Ricky Barham
(07) 856 2836
- Ashburton Meat Processors – contact Ross Hamilton
(03) 308 2019
- Cabernet Foods, Carterton – contact the office
06 372 7891
- Harris Meats, Cheviot – contact Bryan Harris
(03) 319 8761
- Taranaki Abattoir – contact Terry Lester
(06) 765 6617
For more information on the AANZ please contact email@example.com